Hello Giannis.

I Cc: the list and forward your mails, you know?
You may also feel free and post to the list yourself.

Giannis-2 wrote in
<20200503064535.bwm1q%giannismicr...@gmail.com>:
 |Good morning Steffen,

It was a nice Sunday hopefully also for you!

 |I want to thank you for your kindness. Respect !!

I am responding to questions the best i can, that is all.
Giannis.

 |I tried "set tls-config-pairs=MinProtocol=TLSv1.2" in  ~/.mailrc and \
 |the error message is this :
 |mail: P(seudo)R(andom)N(umber)G(enerator): *TLS RAND_*
 |mail: Credentials: host smtp.office365.com:587, user kozanitis-i, pass \
 |SECRET
 |mail: >>> Writing message via /var/spool/mail/+Sent
 |mail: Forking child with spawn control: 'exec handled by caller'
 |mail: Resolving host smtp.office365.com:587 ... done
 |mail: Connecting to 2603:1026:207:11d::2:587 ... connected.
 |mail: TLS: applying config: MinProtocol = TLSv1.2
 |mail: could not initiate TLS connection: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl\
 |3_get_record:wrong version number
 |mail: ... message not sent

Ok, after trying

  $ s-nail -R
  ? tls certificate smtp.office365.com:587

i get the same.  So i have searched the internet and outlook.com
gives no indication say support direct "SMTPS".  What a pity.  So
what you need to do is to set smtp-use-starttls instead, i see you
do it already below.  See below.

 |About imap, when i execute -Simap-auth=oauthbearer, the error message \
 |is this :
 |mail: TLS certificate ok
 |mail: >>> SERVER: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=XOAUTH2 \
 |SASL-IR UIDPLUS MOVE ID UNSELECT CHILDREN IDLE NAMESPACE LITERAL+
 |mail: >>> T2 AUTHENTICATE XOAUTH2 dXNlcj1rb3phbml0aXMtaQFhdXRoPUJlYXJlci\
 |BuaGh3dHZpcnZlZHNicGxoAQE=
 |mail: >>> SERVER: T2 NO AUTHENTICATE failed.

Hmm.  v14.10.0 will rework this, i personally very much dislike
OAUTH 2.0 and the OAUTHBEARER/XOAUTH2 thingies that play with
that, i was very unwilling.  And i tested only with Google, and
that was a real mess to setup (the FAQ contains an entry to make
that easier for users), as well as with dovecot.
Please see below.

  Hmm.  We do not support PLAIN imap-auth!  Not even on the
  development branch.  This is very bad.  Do you have compiled
  S-nail yourself?  I think i could write a quick&dirty patch that
  applies on [master] aka v14.9.19 and implements PLAIN auth for
  IMAP?  I will definitely include this for v14.10.0, but it will
  become autumn (if nothing bad happens) before that is released.

 |I send to you, my mailrc :
 |shortcut outlook "imaps://kozanitis-i:sec...@outlook.office365.com"

You know that SECRET must be URL-encoded if you place it in an
URL?  In s-nail, please do

  ? urlcodec enc hey?you
  hey%3Fyou

where hey?you should be your SECRET, of course.  I do not
understand why XOAUTH2 does not work.

 |set inbox=outlook
 |account outlook {
 |  set tls-ca-file=/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
 |  set tls-ca-no-defaults
 |  set smtp-use-starttls

That is what we need, then.

 |  set smtp-auth=login
 |  set tls-config-pairs=MinProtocol=TLSv1.2
 |  set imaps://kozaniti...@outlook.office365.com

This i do not understand -- what are you trying to achieve here?
You are setting a cryptic variable for nothing for sure:

  #?0!0/NONE#1|:? varshow imaps://kozaniti...@outlook.office365.com
  set imaps://kozaniti...@outlook.office365.com=''

 |  set record=/var/spool/mail/+Sent
 |  set from="kozaniti...@outlook.com (Outlook)"
 |  set mta=smtps://kozanitis-i:sec...@smtp.office365.com:587

So you have to say smtp:// not smtps:// i would say.  It is either
smtps://, which directly creates a TLS connection, or
smtp-use-starttls, in which case a unsecured connection is
established, which is then upgraded ("enwrapped" in a TLS secured
layer).

 |}

I hope this helps!  Please report back whether you were capable to
proceed.  I was even thinking about trying outlook.com myself, it
seems they offer a free account as well.  Would be nicer if it
already works out for you though!

Ciao from Germany!

--steffen