Hi Giannis.

giannismicr...@gmail.com wrote in
<5ebb8df0.1c69fb81.2bdca.3...@mx.google.com>:
 |Steffen Nurpmeso <stef...@sdaoden.eu> wrote:
 |> I have to apply some corrections to my claim, sorry.
 |>
 |> Steffen Nurpmeso wrote in
 |> <20200511173946._vy_n%stef...@sdaoden.eu>:
 |>|Also, if i say "? set mailcap-disable" and then
 |>
 |> Actually unnecessary, ~/.mailcap is inspected as a second step.
 |>
 |>|  set pipe-application/pdf='@*=mupdf $MAILX_FILENAME_TEMPORARY'
 |>
 |> This should be "?*=++? mupdf $MAILX_FILENAME_TEMPORARY" then.
 |> Important is ? not @ (has been deprecated long ago, hmm), and the
 |> ++ to delete the file backing $MAILX_FILENAME_TEMPORARY, otherwise
 |> your $TMPDIR will fill.
 |>
 |> Or just use an according entry in ~/.mailcap.
 |> What could really make sense is an environment variable that is
 |> passed to ~/.mailcap tests, so that those know the actual command
 |> (i.e., mimeview or print).  Hmm.
 |>
 |>|mupdf(1) will be spawned even for "print".
 |Gutten morgen Steffen.

Thank you, it became a new day, sorry!  Greek is one more of those
things that i do know nothing about.  (It is "Guten", here in
Hesse(n) we say "Gude" even, exclusively!, spoken like
"Guuuuuuuude".  I do not say that though :).  We in Darmstadt say
"Morsche!" ("Good morning", but "Morsche" is also "Morgen" aka
"tomorrow"!, and rotten wood is "morsch", but what do i know) and
"Ei, Guuude" (hmm; and is Ei egg or testicle, i wonder).  But
usually nothing of that.  I have to admit i sometimes cannot
counteract a Morsche! with "Guten morgen", so may it be.

 |Your clarifications are really useful, thank you.

Hmm.  I had forgotten.

 |2 more clarifications, please..
 |
 |Even, if i say "? set mailcap-disable", is there an inspection for \
 |the ~/.mailcap ?

That would be a bug.  The `mailcap' command works as usual, but
the mailcap handler cache will neither become built automatically
nor be inspected if that is set.

 |The $TMPDIR will be empty after each boot or am i wrong?

This depends on your operating system and settings i would say.
On FreeBSD you need an explicit knob ("clear_tmp_enable=yes" in
/etc/rc.conf).  However, if you use memory-backed tmpfs aka mfs
(on FreeBSD "tmpmfs=yes" in /etc/rc.conf, i use "tmpfs /tmp tmpfs
defaults,mode=1777,nofail,size=100% 0 0" on Linux), then any data
will not survive a reboot.  :)

 |So if it will not be empty after boot then the addition ++ will be useful.

Well dangling temporary files are a real issue, an annoyance, and
a problem for long living programs / systems, for sure.
For example i have just installed an old Solaris-based
distribution, plus a new dropbear sshd on it, and that produces
one directory in /tmp/ without cleaning that up.

Or put
  text/html; firefox %s; copiousoutput; nametemplate=%s.html
into your ~/.mailcap, it should do what you want.

But i do not recommend that, ok?  If i recall correctly i once had
implemented that if you use "print" (which really is "type" btw)
on only a single message we would use pipe-TYPE/SUBTYPE
etc. handlers, otherwise not.  I have disabled that, and
introduced "mimeview".  It is all a bit restricted and primitive
to this day, sorry for that.  Maybe i really will add another flag
to force usage of handlers regardless of the command in v14.10.0.

Ciao!

--steffen