Stephen Isard wrote in
 <7177-1629995477-232...@sneakemail.com>:

 |> Yeah, let's do it like this.
 |> "Fixes" pushed to the master and stable branch when you read this.
 |>
 |> Thanks for reporting the problem and insisting, Stephen!
 |
 |Well, thank YOU for solving it!  Can you give me the git command that I
 |need to issue to clone the current stable 14.9 version?

I still do not understand why net.ipv4.tcp_keepalive_time=300 does
not come into play and it takes the quarter of an hour before the
socket is finally dead.  Does SO_RCVTIMEO restart timers??  No!!!
I dunno.

Well it is

  git clone --single-branch --branch=stable/latest \
      https://git.sdaoden.eu/scm/s-nail.git
  make tangerine

I was thinking of a v14.9.23 in the past, we have some small
errors, but the worst i thought is that `vexpr''s shift operators
were carelessly broken.   Others yes, but two were in for over 15
years, and noone ever complained -- me included.
'Thing is, i am afraid it will be Christian Christmas before
v14.10 really arrives, i am all buried in work and other things.
Maybe a v14.9.23 when Autumn comes?

Ciao -- and thanks again.

--steffen