Hello Hans.

hbeze...@kliksafe.nl wrote in
 <20221119185811.cpj_j%hbeze...@kliksafe.nl>:
 |This may be a trival question, but when I send a mail, a copy gets placed
 |in the 'Sent' folder marked `unread'.
 |Can this be set to `read' by default?

No.  And it is also not so easy to accomplish in general.
(For MBOX we could adjust it by writing the according status:
header right out, but for maildir for example new messages get
linked into /new/, which had to be changed with special
treatment.)

P.S.: i thought whether you could use some hook to automatically
mark all "search:nu" messages, but there is currently no command
which you could use to toggle _that_ state.  You _could_ instead
do "search:nu; | ` :", but this echoes something.

--steffen