Hi thanks for the patch! I'll try and report back the result.

On Wed, 11 Jan 2023, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:

Hello.

klu wrote in
<caez5-swzaqw5yvzhoujkkqt4mb+j_k4ypsghccfpdtthhrn...@mail.gmail.com>:
|I'm using the source code downloaded from:
|https://ftp.sdaoden.eu/s-nail-14.9.24.tar.xz
|
|gcc 11.3
|
|Below is the build log and repro. Not sure what other logs I can help \
|provide.
|/cygdrive/c/Users/user/Downloads/s-nail-14.9.24/src/mx/cmd-head.c:142:7:
|error: expected identifier before numeric constant
|  142 |       _IFMT       = 1<<2,

Thanks for the report.
Well old style code (of mine) that messes with the prefix (_..)
reserved for C libraries etc.  I presume this is the problem here.
Could you try out the attached patch??

Never tried cygwin apart of digging through the source code like
grazy over twenty years ago to get an easy notion of what goes on
Windows or not, just in case porting to Windows would become an
option.  Would you be willing to "make test" and report that back,
this would be great?

On the issue, .., i hope there are no more clashes that prevent
compilation, the plan was to slowly move away from the old syntax.

Ciao!

--steffen