Morten Bo Johansen wrote in
 <slrnula8f8.ack2.mbj@localhost.localdomain>:
 |It seems very complicated, but I'll look into it.

Well you cannot get around creating the resource file.
Then it could be as easy as

  #!/bin/sh -

  pass=$(python3 oauth-helper.py --action access \
    --resource YOUR-RC-FILE)
  exec s-nail -S password="$pass" YOUROPTS "$@"

at least for the minutes until the password times out.
Unfortunately with Microsoft that becomes an interactive mess.

I do not know what to do about that.  Yandex is silent for many
many months (timeout=31536000!), even notorious Google is.  No
problem, after almost a month silence, just --access, no
interaction, nothing.  I do not know why Microsoft is such
a bitter bitch.  (I do not even know whether that term is
gender-technically still acceptable.)

I mean if v14.10 ships the macros in some "library-rc" file, then
xoauth usage could be as simple as, for example,

  set oauth-config-path=DIR

(or so, for the config files) and in each account

  call oauth-activate ACCOUNT-NAME

(though v14.10 also has an *account* variable so we could actually
deduce even that).

Like i said i do not yet know how to deal with these issues, OAuth
is a terrible thing (even in the XOAuth SASL version), and it
seems the next step is something passwordless or what.

I presume whatever will be in v14.10 will not be the last word,
and i cannot work without at least some user configuration.
I do not have the resource to implement a full OAuth 2.0 client,
nor do i know any program other than big browsers or so which have
such.  And for example the oauth script of mutt seems much less
flexible than our one, and does not support Yandex, for example?

--steffen