Wiring to switches. I run a twin 18 ga. lamp cord ( it has
silver & gold wire for color codes ) to the red and green posts of the
A.F. switches. bring in a ground wire from buss wire ( feeder wire run
around under my layout ) to the black post and a power wire from a buss
wire thru a diode to reduce the voltage on the switch lamp to the yellow
post. It saves a lot of additional wire and I hardly ever need to change
a switch lamp or melt the plastic color tube in the older switches. I
have also wired in a capacitor discharge unit to my switches, but I find
that it really doesn't improve the operation of the switches that much
over the regular hookup.
Jerry 77-11644
________________________________________________________________
The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!
S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!
To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/