Guys,  Does brush spring tension and / or armature end float have any cause or effect 
on the arcing?  I keep my armatures shimmed up to prevent excessive end float. All my 
steamers seem to spark alike.  I have an old drill motor that arcs pretty much.  Works 
fine but it sparks.  Happy 4th.

Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 4:24 PM
To: S-List
Subject: [S-Trains] Comutator arcing


Chuck Harrington wrote:

A clean comutator will arc less, just as your trains wheels will arc less when the 
wheels and tracks are clean. 

Chuck, with all due respect, I believe that is an old wive's tale.  Nobody has cleaner 
comutators than me.  When I am done polishing one, I can admire my handsome face in 
the reflection.  They still arc like crazy.  I've also tried "Kremlin Paste" on them.  
They hate it.  Same with the pickup wheels.  I'm thinking there must be another cause, 
IMHO.

Tim - I've been off list recuperating from a serious surgery - Brown

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 



+

+

S-Trains list sponsor: http://www.americanflyertrains.com
All the Flyer you desire...books and accessories too!

To UNSUBSCRIBE from this list send a note to [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 


Reply via email to