Hi Jimmy,

When replying to emails on this list, please do not put your reply
above the quoted text, and do not quote the entire message you're
answering to. This makes it unnecessarily hard for other readers to
understand the context of your email. Instead, please cut quoted parts
that are not relevant to your reply, and insert your responses right
after the points you're replying to (as I have done below). Thanks!

Jimmy Tanzil <jimmy.tan...@ichthysmedia.com> writes:
>>> I am having high CPU load issues when writing large files (above 5
>>> GB) into the mounted s3ql filesystem.
>>
>> Could you quantify that? How do you measure it, and how does it depend
>> on file size? Is there really a jump at 5 GB, or is it rather a smooth
>> increase?
>
> When writing less than 100 MB data, it takes only a few seconds and it
> finished very quick. But when the file size is larger, the CPU usage
> keeps climbing and stays there until the file write is complete.
>
> I created a 2 minute video to show you what I mean:
> http://youtu.be/-HMac-Hr3bw

Sorry, that's not helpful at all. Please provide quantitative data in
text form.

> The first file copied in the video is 80 MB in size
> The second file copied in the video is 5 GB in size

How long does each copy take? Do both files with into the local cache?
Are taking into account the time it takes to flush the cache?

> Is this normal?

Is what normal?

Best,
-Nikolaus