Raquel Carrillo <raquel.carrillo.solorz...@gmail.com> writes:
>    When list (ls) the contents of the mounted directory, using de
>    commandline in ec2, all that shows to me is lost+found. But When I see the
>    content of the bucket using the web console in s3 I see files like:
>    s3ql_metadata s3ql_seq_no_1 Why can't I see these files on my mounted
>    directory? and what do they represent?

There is no 1:1 mapping between files in S3QL and storage objects in
S3. A single file can be spread between multiple objects, and an object
can hold data for multiple files. You should treat the contents of the
bucket as a black-box.

To give an analogy: if you open a .jpg file in a text editor, you
wouldn't expect to see the picture (even if it contained some text). So
if you open an S3QL file system in some generic S3 browser, you're not
going to see your file system contents.

>    2.
>
>    I made a new directory, using commandline in the s3ql directory with:
>    sudo mkdir test-dir sudo touch testfile.txt
>
> But I can't see these files in the web console of my bucket in s3.

Same reason.

> 3- This one is conceptual if for example I need to save my_photo.jpg in the
> bucket and I use s3ql, the file will be saved, and I will be able to see it
> with the web console like "my_photo.jpg " or it will be saved in another
> format?

You should be able to answer that question yourself now :-).

Best,
-Nikolaus