On Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 7:34:29 PM UTC+10, Nikolaus Rath wrote:

> On Aug 10 2018, drobert...@gmail.com <javascript:> wrote:
> > But a few days ago the mount went offline with the error:
> *s3ql.backends.s3c.HTTPError:
> > 413 Request Entity Too Large*
> [...]
> > s3ql.metadata.upload_metadata: Compressing and uploading metadata...
> > 2018-08-08 15:41:03.977 18159:Metadata-Upload-Thread root.excepthook:
> >     raise HTTPError(resp.status, resp.reason, resp.headers)
> > s3ql.backends.s3c.HTTPError: 413 Request Entity Too Large
>
> Most likely your metadata object has exceeded the maximum size allowed
> by the server (this means that s3ql_verify will not show the problem,
> because it does not upload any metadata).
>
> Unfortunately there is currently no workaround for this. See
> https://bitbucket.org/nikratio/s3ql/issues/266/support-metadata-5-gb

Is there a way to force a mount of the existing data using local metadata
so I can trim down the data until the meta data is smaller - I was keeping
a lot of extra copies "because I could" - completely unaware I was running
into a brick wall - or use the temp. mount to re-factor this into a set of
smaller S3QL filesystems instead of one larger one?
So it seems my fsck.s3ql working with the local metadata succeeds.. it just
fails when it uploads it to OVH..