assalamu alaykum,

Ahmed found how to enable the notification area in Unity, so our apps
(minbar, hijra, monajat...) will show in Unity (their icon is displayed
in the top right-hand corner). (@ahmed: your latest update to sabily
package works fine ;) )
It is done by setting a "whitelist" with the apps that are allowed to
use the notification area.
So now we should decide:
1) wether to whitelist all apps or just minbar, monajat, hijri (in
addition to Ubuntu's default whitelist)
2) wether the default session would be Unity or Gnome classic (gnome2)
(we also found how to do that)

Personally, I prefer gnome2 but it's just a question of habit; I've
tested unity on a laptop and I think it's attractive for new users. But,
maybe we should try to customize the Unity menu in this case, like
adding an Islamic menu, customizing the default apps that appear in the
dock etc.

--
Mehdi
Administrator of the Sabily Project