 From: Abdelmonam Kouka <abdelmonam.ko...@gmail.com>
To: sabily.team <sabily.team@lists.launchpad.net>
Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2011 11:50:02 PM
Subject: [Sabily.team] Good news concerning Sabily project from Tunisia and the
Arabic World

Assalamo alaykom,

I participated yesterday 23th November and today 24 November in this event as a
member of The Association of Tunisians Professionals in Open Source:
http://www.alecso.org.tn/lng/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=215&Itemid=139&lang=en
The aim of this event is to create an Arabic Network for Open Sources, but I
took the opportunity to speak about Sabily a little bit the first day, some of
presence know it and some didn't heard about it! but they liked the idea so
they asked me to prepare a presentation for it for the second day and that's
what happened: I make a live demonstration of Sabily and they liked it very
much wa lileh alhamd :)

The most important thing for me is that it take the interest of the "Saudi
Program Director of Open Sources Programs Technologies", I said to him that we
need some trusted free resources (like Quran translations, Hadith text and
translations...) and we would like to include in Sabily some good Islamic
Software already done in KSA but they are closed sources (like Mos'haf Alnashr
Alhasoubi)..he liked the idea and he promised me to contact the "King Fahd
Complex for the Printing of the Holy Qur'an" and other organisation that can
give us these materials under an open source licence or at least give us
(sabily project) the privilege of distributing them inside sabily even as
closed source.

Another good news is that I meet brother Taha Zarrouki (from Algeria) and he is
someone who has a lot of Open Source projects having relationship with Islam or
Arabic language (linguistic tools), and he gave me a big list of these software
so we can choose some of them to include inside Sabily in next release if we
want :) by the way: brother Taha is the teacher of brother Assem the author of
Alfanous project :)

Finally we can say that we launched today the first official Arabic Network for
Open Sources walhamdolilleh :)

Assalamo alaykom

--
عبد المنعم كوكة