Hi Guys,

I have a CRM like system that has it's own contacts and events within it's
own database. It also has a REST API granting access for retrieving and
modifying these models.

I would like to add both carddav and caldav support to this application
using SabreDAV and am not sure about how to go about this. I understand
that I can implement my own AbstractBackend, however, I feel this wouldn't
work correctly as the data requirements for DAV are very different from the
models stored within my system. In my mind I was hoping to retrieve the
data from my API and transform the objects into the correct format for
SabreDAV and back again but after reading the documentation the two formats
are not only very different but also requires the storage of urls, ids etc.

I'm sure this question has been asked multiple times (I couldn't find an
answer to this) and just wondered what the best way to go about
implementing the above would be. Any recommended practices or advice would
be a massive help right now.

I look forward to hearing what you guys think.

Thanks,
Wayne