Hi Evert,

Thanks for your answer (and this wonderful software).

Scheduling is defined in this RFC:
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6638
> <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Ftools.ietf.org%2Fhtml%2Frfc6638&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHw_HziOgsZBuCWmv_5h3wCnrcmrQ>
> It relies greatly on this specification as well:
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5546
>
> While we don't support everything described in those 211 pages, we support
> a large portion of it. I'd suggest to skim it a bit to get an idea of what
> scheduling is, and if you have more specific questions let me know!

I have red those RFCs but I still don't understand the complete picture.
Here's what I have understand so far:

RFC5546 describes iTIP-message and how they can be used by calendar users
to inform other calendar users. iTIP-messages seem to be ICS-files that
fulfill additional restrictions and these messages are exchanged mostly
between organizers and attendees.

Without Caldav auto-scheduling iTIP-messages are exchanges via email so
your calendar-application must be able to send emails and your
email-application must be able to store data from ics-attachments into to
your calendar system.

RFC6638 seems to specify how iTIP-messages can be exchanges directly
between two calendar-users if they are using the same CalDAV-server. In
particular iTIP-messages from a sending calendar user will be stored
directly into the inbox of the receiving calendar user.

If that was true, auto-scheduling would require a calendar-application
which has the additional functionality to display the contents an inbox and
let the user decide wether to accept or decline the invitation. Is that
correct? And if yes - which calendar-application has such functionality?

Does auto-scheduling makes sense if the calendar-application is
Thunderbird/Lightning or Outlook/CalDavSynchronizer?

Kind regards

Peter