Now http://faculty.sfasu.edu/judsontw/math-s304/section-16.html works fine
for me - I don't enforce permission on user files except for group readable
(otherwise the web server will not be able to serve them) and there is a
timestamp added to the name to force browser to load a new version.

The next problem is that if a linked cell does not create a new plot, then
the old one will be shown again - since the file is still there.