Here is another problem:
SageCells using R not too seldom have 'NULL' in its output, apparently when
some R command has no output (that was the interpretation of a colleague of
mine from Erlangen University who is using SageCell with R for teaching.)

Would it perhaps be possible that SageCell falls back to a Python 2 version
instead of producing Python-3-related errors?

Can you recommend a set of online tutorials and manuals where the examples
have been checked for compatibility with Python 3 SageCell?