I wanted to be able to install SageManifolds in the SMC docker image. To do
this I needed to get root access to the SMC docker image. If you are a
regular docker user perhaps this is obvious but I thought that for other
people like me I would mention how I did this:

wspage@suse:~> docker ps
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                        COMMAND
CREATED             STATUS
PORTS                                           NAMES
7141c3e867cd        williamstein/sagemathcloud   "/bin/sh -c ./run.py"   2
days ago          Up 2 days           0.0.0.0:32769->80/tcp,
0.0.0.0:32768->443/tcp
admiring_pasteur

wspage@suse:~> docker exec -it 7141c3e867cd /bin/bash

root@7141c3e867cd:/# export TERM=xterm

Replace '7141c3e867cd' above with the container id on your system.

After a few false starts and a couple of missing dependencies I managed to
build Sage 7.3 from source and then installed SageManifolds. Now I can run
my Jupyter SageMantifolds worksheets on my local SMC.

I do have a question.

How can I change the project quotas?  Is there some command that I can use
to give myself more resources?