Hi all!

working on #11068, I tried to move the methods responsible for
creating ideals and quotient rings from sage/rings/ring.pyx to sage/
categories/rings.py. However, it did not work, because rings are not
using categories properly.

I think I could manage to make them use categories. Or at least, Sage
starts after my changes, and #9138 gets fixed!

Question: Shall I use #9138 or another existing ticket (which one?) to
submit a patch (if I really manage to fix it), or shall I open a new
ticket? I did not find an appropriate ticket mentioned on the
categories road map.

Cheers,
Simon