2011/11/24 Florent Hivert <florent.hiv...@lri.fr>:

>  I'm thinking about organizing a small one-week coding sprint around
> January-February in the south-west of Paris. Following the *-combinat
> tradition I plan to reserve the Guest house at Cernay-la-Ville:
>
>   [...]
>
>  - Refactoring of the combinatorics infrastructure (factories, Cythonizing
>   partitions, compositions...)

Cool ! And I would like to add for combinatorics infrastructure :

- implementations of Gray codes (for much faster generation)
- iterator for conjugacy class of the symmetric group (the call to Gap
takes hours)

And I would like to emphasize that there are Cythonization problems
with iterators...

>  - Categories (Morphisms, functorial constructions, optimization, coercion ?)
>
>  - who is interested ?

I am.

>  - what is the preferred week ?

Any time in January or the first week of February.

>  - any thematic suggestion,

Depending on the audience (Thierry Monteil ? Samuel Lelièvre ? Timo
Jolivet ?), I would like to start the migration of
 - flat surfaces (quadratic differentials, topolgoy stuff, origamis, ...)
 - language and symbolic dynamics
 - tilings
Some of it is ready and documented and only needs review.

Nicolas Borie will you be there ? If you do, I would like to hear
about the code in Sage (and more generally about algorithms) for
generating things up to isomorphism (like graphs, Integer vectors and
co.).

Cheers,
Vincent