Hi Mike!

On Fri, Dec 09, 2011 at 08:08:56PM -0800, Mike Zabrocki wrote:
> I reported the following bug on the trac server this evening:
>
> #12140: skew Schur function indexed by [[], []] causes Segmentation
> Fault
>
> I created a patch and attached it to the trac.  Should I also put this
> into the sage-combinat queue?

Thanks for your workaround this yet another empty partition bug in
Symmetrica!

Here is an (untested) code-duplication free variant with an
explanation:

        if x[0]==[] and x[1]==[]:
            # Workaround empty skew partition bug in Symmetrica (see #12140)
        skewschur = symmetrica.part_part_skewschur(x[0], x[1])

Also, please add an appropriate doctest. Since this change is very
localized, I doubt it will conflict with anything in the Sage-Combinat
queue. So you can just post it on trac, and I'll finish the review
there.