Christian Stump wrote:
Make a database_foobar.spkg for your tables.

Thanks!

I did that, and everything seems to work (I can install the package
using sage -f cluster_seed-1.0.spkg). Could maybe someone have a look
at it
(http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/raw-attachment/ticket/13425/cluster_seed-1.0.spkg)

Please don't attach binary files to tickets. (There's always spkg-upload.googlecode.com ;-) )

since I am not quite sure if I did everything right:

- I initialized the hg repo and added src to the .hgignore. But the
documentation doesn't say what to do then with it, so this repo is
still not tracking anything.

Try 'hg status' ...

-> hg add .hgignore spkg-install SPKG.txt

hg commit (probably with the ticket number in the commit message).

- In spkg-install, I basically only copy the raw files from src/ into
$SAGE_LOCAL/share/cluster_algebra_quiver. Is that what I should do? Or
do I have patch this?

Depends. You currently delete everything in the target directory if it already exists; not sure whether some kind of updating would make sense.

You should quote $SAGE_LOCAL there, and check the exit codes of the commands, or simply concatenate them with '&&'.

At least the last part should probably give an appropriate error message telling when something (or what) went wrong:

if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
    echo >&2 "Error: Failed to copy ... to ..."
    exit 1
fi

SPKG.txt looks ok to me.

-leif

- The documentation says that if I want to make the package standard,
I have to add it in the file SAGE_ROOT/spkg/install. But how do I get
this change into sage?

Thanks for your help! Christian

--
() The ASCII Ribbon Campaign