On 2013-03-22, Nathann Cohen <nathann.co...@gmail.com> wrote:
> --bcaec5430e1288051e04d883f5b8
>
>> For non-interactive you either perform argument validation yourself or use
>> the optional parameter G.orbit(foo, action='OnTuples').
>
> Oh. Ok, this is fine !
>
> So Dima, do we guess the value of action when it is set to None, then
> translate the output according to the value of "action" ? That's a good
> answer !

We need to fix the domain design first, and here is why (I already wrote
this on the ticket, so I repeat myself):

Take, say, directed 3-cycle, and label its vertices, in the cyclic
order, 1, 2, (1,2). So you get G=Z_3, the automorphism group of this
digraph, acting on the domain V=(1,2,(1,2)).  Next, ask for the orbit of
the arc (1,2) of the digraph under G. OK, fine, it is
A=((1,2),(2,(1,2)),((1,2),1). Now, note that the intersection of V and A
equals {(1,2)}. The intersection of two distinct orbits of a group is
not empty...

Would Evariste Galois raise from his grave and chase the designer
of this?
:-)

Dima