Hi,

I am investigating this. Current status:

Remember that graphs can be latex rendered in two ways: either by
having Sage produce tikz manually (1), or through dot2tex (2). For
general graphs, the former is the default. For graphs produced from
crystals, the default is to use (2) if dot2tex is installed, and (1)
otherwise. At the end the issue is not in dot2tex: its presence just
hides the bug.

Here is my current minimal example, which breaks independently of
dot2tex:

        sage: t = StandardTableaux(4).random_element()
        sage: G = DiGraph([[t,t]], loops=True)
        sage: latex(G)
        **produces something**
        sage: view(G)