On May 2, 6:36 am, "William Stein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> By the way, here are some download stats for SAGE fromwww.sagemath.org(the
> master site).  These measure only the *unique* IP addresses that actually
> downloaded the indicated item in the given period (see below).

> divided up as follows:
>      Window/Cygwin Binary: 208       (!!)
>      Source: 203
>      Linux Binary: 174
>      VMware:  145
>      OS X Binary: 99

<SNIP>

I am quite curious about this week's download statistics. The day
after the sage link did show up on that slashdot story I had ~40
downloads of binary sage which was roughly double the number of binary
downloads for the whole last month from the cocoa.mathematik mirror.
Of those 36 were for cygwin, which I would not expect from the
slashdot crowd. Maybe somebody should submit the release announcement
for sage 2.5 to digg and slashdot once the release has been made.

Cheers,

Michael