On Wednesday 16 May 2007 16:07, William Stein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is some fan mail from a new user of SAGE on Windows (via VMware)
> -- see below.
> I think we're going to have to make a hard choice about whether to continue
> to support Cygwin or just distribute SAGE on Windows via VMware, since it
> is so frickin' hard to get everything to work on Cygwin, and there are many
> efficiency issues.  It's a hard choice since many people have put in so
> much time to get SAGE to work on Cygwin (I've put in weeks myself).
> Comments welcome.

Disclaimer: This is a very personal opinion not taking into account how many
people use the SAGE/CYGWIN combo.

Ditch it! I spent days trying to make a usable libsingular under CYGWIN and
failed so far. It is unbearable slow and totally unpleasant to work with and
I have gotten no result out of it so far. My personal life would definitely
be easier.

Martin

--
name: Martin Albrecht