On May 18, 2007, at 11:28 AM, William Stein wrote:

> On 5/18/07, David Joyner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Would it confuse users who could not update
>> (eg, students using the SAGE notebook in a lab)?
>
> The message would be invisible to notebook users.  (??)

As more and more (non-dev) users will probably be using exclusively
the notebook, I think that it should be available there too. Perhaps
as part of the "control panel GUI" mentioned in the OS X .dmg thread,
as that way people in a lab, etc. wouldn't see it, but people
starting it up as a "normal app" would.

- Robert