On Oct 22, 11:13 am, Martin Albrecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > > Take ticket 729 as an example
> > > (http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/729):It was closed by Robert
> > > (rml) because the bugfix/feature request was invalid. Michael (mabshoff)
> > > reopened it due to the rule state above. But there is nothing for the
> > > release manager to do and I feel perfectly comfortable with rml closing
> > > invalid tickets for the Graph subsystem. So I think in those cases it
> > > makes perfectly sense to just close tickets.
>
> > Well, I see it the same way: rml is responsible for the graph
> > subsystem, so he is the person with the expertise to determine that
> > the ticket is invalid. But he closed that ticket against 2.9, while it
> > is customary to close invalid tickets against the "sage-duplicate/
> > invalid" milestone. The same applies for #731. It is not so much the
> > marking the ticket invalid, it just ended up against the wrong
> > milestone.
>
> Why do we need to change the milestone for invalid tickets?

The idea is to collect all invalid tickets in one milestone so that
they can be found by accessing one milestone. You can pull all of them
via custom query, but that is not as transparent. I only recently
started doing that, so there are invalid tickets attached to older
milestones, but I had a discussion with William about that in IRC
before creating that special milestone. The discussion happened about
3 weeks ago.

> Martin

Cheers,

Michael