Hello folks,

you can find 2.8.12.alpha1 at

 http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/mabshoff/sage-2.8.12.alpha1.tar

alpha1 is the result of the bug fixes merged by William during Bug Day
5 as well as two minor spkg updates.

There is currently onc doctest failure in schemes/elliptic_curves/
lseries_ell.py see #1103 for details.

My plan now is to put an rc1 together in the next 24 hours, I am
currently looking through open trac tickets against 2.8.12 to see what
I would like to merge. I will post a list with candidates here later
on tonight to get some feedback. The release should happen either
Tuesday or Wednesday, because I will be leaving for Sage Day 6 very
early on Friday morning. Hence there are few chances of experimental/
untested code slipping in at this point, but I am sure we will start
another release cycle during the coding sprint part of Sage Days 6.

Cheers,

Michael