Hi John,

On Nov 5, 3:45 pm, "John Cremona" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> After installing Atlas (took 20 minutes) it runs more slowly!
>
> sage: sage: %time C = A._multiply_linbox(B)
> CPU times: user 72.32 s, sys: 1.02 s, total: 73.34 s
> Wall time: 80.09

On sage.math time drops from 11.86s to 10.83, but the 2000x2000 case
isn't really the interesting one yet in my opinion. I am benchmarking
some larger cases right now. For those small fields ATLAS can use
float precision instead of double internally, so that should speed up
the computation roughly by a factor of 2, but that is BLAS dependent.

> (was 72 s wall time).
>
> John

Cheers,

Michael