Jason Grout wrote:
> Jaap Spies wrote:

>>> Nice job Jaap. Thanks for sharing the instructions.
>>>
>> It's nothing, just follow the appropriate links :),
>> and you will find what you are looking for.
>>
>> Just curious, will this work in Debian?

Hi Jason,

> I was curious last week as well and installed the enthought suite on
> Ubuntu 7.10.  It wasn't hard at all.  If there is interest, I'll drum up
> the instructions I used.

Installing from Debian, Ubuntu, and a few other distros is not hard,
because there are prebuild eggs, etc. But Fedora is not among the
supported platforms. Also using eggs is not compatible with local
builds, for instance spkgs.

I would like to have an experimental enthought.spkg!

> -Jason
>
> P.S.  I've been playing with VPython over the last several weeks.  I
> really like how the visual module matches the features and ease of use
> of VPython.

VPython is nice. All visualization as a side effect!

I could not install the beta under sage because of an
unicode issue. Standard Python is distributed with 4 bytes unicode,
boost uses UCS4, but SAGE uses the 2 bytes option.

We have sometime to choose between UCS2 and UCS4! (William?)

Jaap