>> >What distribution license does the rosetta tex file have?
>>
>> Modified BSD.
>>
>> I'd like Sage to be in the list so people from other systems
>> can have a clue what form they might type in Sage to get
>> similar results.
>
>I was wondering why the Rosetta document lists GMP as a system?

I don't remember. It should certainly disappear.

I used to distribute Rosetta CDs which contained approximately
100 open source CAS-like or CAS-wannabe systems. Toward the end
of the Rosetta CD effort I started to document the pile.

The Doyen project <http://sourceforge.net/projects/doyencd> was
eventually intended to be a "Live CD" science platform (ala Sage). I
had discussions with Michael Tiemann at RedHat about distributing such
a Live CD science platform at scientific conferences. The hope was
that people would be able to use the distributed software as a basis
for reported research work, thus making the results reproducible. I
included some of the CAS systems (and the Rosetta document) on the
first two of the ISSAC CDs, which I produced.

The rosetta.tex started from Michael Wester's original version (with
his permission) and added some systems. The plan was to add many
systems so users of one system could "get a clue" how to form a loop,
do an assignment, compute an integral, etc. with a minimum of
explanation.

Around the same time I was starting this, NAG released their
source code to me and I set up the Axiom open source project.
This took up all available time and the Rosetta effort starved.

Since Sage is effectively (or, rather much more effectively) using
the same strategy of making all of the systems available I thought
it might be worthwhile to update the document with Sage information.
You might consider making a Live CD of Sage. Doyen contains instructions
and Alfredo Portes does excellent work. He has carefully documented
the build process.

Unfortunately I'm not savvy enough with Sage to fill in the tables.
I'm hoping someone will take a few minutes to provide the updates.

I feel that such a document would be a useful contribution to Sage.
In fact, it is probably more useful to Sage than to Axiom.

Tim