Relevant due to new content about Sage.   I haven't actually looked at
the book, since I no longer have access to SpringerLink...

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Fernando Gouvea <fqgou...@colby.edu>
Date: Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 8:16 AM
Subject: New edition of p-adic Numbers
To: <nmbrt...@listserv.nodak.edu>

Springer just told me that the third edition of /p-adic Numbers: An
Introduction/ is now officially out. The main change was the addition of
information on how to do p-adic computations with Sage and GP, but there
are many local changes that I hope are improvements. You can check it
out at https://www.springer.com/us/book/9783030472948

Fernando

Fernando Q. Gouvea         http://www.colby.edu/~fqgouvea
Carter Professor of Mathematics
Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics
Colby College
5836 Mayflower Hill
Waterville, ME 04901

...indeed what reason may not go to Schoole to the wisdome of Bees,
Aunts, and Spiders? what wise hand teacheth them to doe what reason
cannot teach us? ruder heads stand amazed at those prodigious pieces
of nature, Whales, Elephants, Dromidaries and Camels; these I
confesse, are the Colossus and Majestick pieces of her hand; but in
these narrow Engines there is more curious Mathematicks, and the
civilitie of these little Citizens more neatly sets forth the wisedome
of their Maker.
   -- Sir Thomas Browne

--
William (http://wstein.org)