Hi,

this looks great. One important point that might be missing in the
discussion, especially if you do not have any code written yet, would be
to review existing optimized libraries, that could be interfaced within
Sage, instead of reinventing the wheel, see e.g.
https://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/tutorial/interfaces.html
https://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/thematic_tutorials/cython_interface.html

To mention a few libraries of possible interest:

https://www.cgal.org/
https://polymake.org/
https://dgtal.org/

Ciao,