Thanks for the suggestions (which I did not see right away as I had my
group preference set to daily digest -- it's annoying that google does not
make ex exception for replies to one's own posts!)

Travis, this relates to ticket #30000 which I should be uploading code for
today, so there is nothing to see there yet.  The output to one function
will be a pair, True/False and a dict, so this fits with what you said.
What I will do is assign the two parts to variables and display each
separately.  I prefer that to the second suggestion, though that would
certainly work too.

John