I haven't fully tested this yet, but you can also try installing gcc-10
through homebrew and then using gfortran-10.  Here are the steps to try:

> brew install gcc-10

and then once in a clean sage directory (so run make distclean if you need
to):

> source .homebrew-build-env
> make configure
> FC=gfortran-10 ./configure
> make

will force the configure script to use gfortran 10.  At the time of posting
this I did check that this does allow numpy to build.