On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 12:23:49 PM UTC-7 vdelecroix wrote:

> 1. sage-9.3 claims that it supports Python 3.6. My system Python
> was by the way accepted by sage configure script.

It did also warn you that using system python 3.6 is deprecated.

> 2. the part of sage source code that I mentioned in my initial e-mail
> does not support Python 3.6

Yes, this is a bug in Sage 9.3. We have no real infrastructure for
systematically testing doctests depending on optional packages. There are
tests on GH Actions that test that all  optional packages can be built; but
it does not run the Sage testsuite with optional packages installed.