OK, it is a big issue. cypari2 relies on that result to find pari.cfg. And this
is where all pari packages are supposed to be installed.
I am not what is so much more standard to have stuff about your package inside
/usr/lib{,64}/$pkg. If you really want to make a point for a standard place I
would have put it under /etc.

François