Le mercredi 22 décembre 2021 à 00:26:58 UTC+1, John H Palmieri a écrit :

> I have no objection to this, but the purpose for using \Bold{...} was to
> make its behavior easily customizable, since some people might want
> \mathbf{...} and some might want \mathbb{...}.

The customization could be performed at the Python level, instead of the
LaTeX one, e.g.  something like:

def _latex_(self):
    return LatexExpr.bold_command() + r"{Q}"

with bold_command() being a static method of LatexExpr that returns the
class attribute _bold_command. The latter would be initialized to
r"\mathbf" and could be customized by the end user thanks to some
static/class method of LatexExpr, e.g.

sage: LatexExpr.set_bold_command("mathbb")

Eric.