Le mercredi 5 janvier 2022 à 08:27:56 UTC+1, Eric Gourgoulhon a écrit :

> Actually, the difference between the two results is essentially due to a
> different convention in the Condon-Shortley phase
> (cf.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spherical_harmonics#Condon%E2%80%93Shortley_phase
> ),
> which makes Sage's spherical harmonics Y_l^m differ from Wikipedia and
> Mathematica ones by a factor (-1)^m.
> The other difference in the above example is a lack of simplification of
> sqrt(sin(theta)^2).
>
> I would vote for including the Condon-Shortley phase in Sage's spherical
> harmonics, since this is standard in quantum mechanics and this would make
> Sage agree with Wikipedia and Mathematica.

I've opened
https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/33117
for this.

In doing so,  I've noticed that current Sage's spherical harmonics disagree
with SymPy as well.
I've also found  a very serious bug in the computation of derivatives of
spherical harmonics (see the ticket for details). This has not been seen
earlier probably because before https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/25034
(merged in Sage 9.3), spherical harmonics were basically not usable in
Sage.

Eric.