Hi everyone,
   On ticket #30423 <https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/30423>, Dan, Willie,
and I have been working on a parallel-computation based implementation for
computing F-matrices that are used in math physics. However, we have been
seeing some doctest failures sporadically that involve segfaults and
linked-list corruption from (cy)PARI. Here are the logs from testing with
the first and the last having full tracebacks.

http://sporadic.stanford.edu/badlog-match
http://sporadic.stanford.edu/badlog
http://sporadic.stanford.edu/badlog1
http://sporadic.stanford.edu/badlog2
http://sporadic.stanford.edu/badlog3

The first question would be if anyone has an idea about what is causing
this. I have this impression that PARI is thread-safe, but I am wondering
if cypari is also thread/parallel-safe or if there are any specific things
that we should be careful about. (We’ve already had to work around a
pickling issue with polynomials IIRC.)

Second question is that because this is a Heisenbug and I suspect it is
something upstream (and so far, nobody has been able to reproducing it
during an interactive version of Sage), I was wondering what the policy
would be for merging the ticket. I recall in the past that we have merged
tickets with Heisenbugs with followup tickets noting the behavior, but I am
not 100% sure about that (and I wouldn’t necessarily know how to find any
explicit examples). I was wondering if we could merge the ticket in an
early beta version so that many people/systems can test it to see if it
becomes more reproducible; of course this is assuming that the build bots
are not consistent in reproducing this. Should we just mark any offending
test(s) as “# known bug” and is there some general policy about this?

Thanks,
Travis