Thanks to help by Kwankyu Lee and Sebastian Oehms in the past weeks, we now
have a much improved migration script
(https://github.com/sagemath/trac-to-github) with the following functions:

1. It can convert the Trac wiki to markdown files, suitable for the GitHub
wiki. Preview of the converted Trac wiki
pages: https://github.com/sagemath/trac_to_gh/wiki

2. It can convert the Trac tickets to a migration archive (see
https://github.github.com/enterprise-migrations/#/./2.1-export-archive-format),
suitable for importing into GitHub.com and GitHub Enterprise Server
instances (import is untested so far). It also creates a markdown file for
each converted ticket for easy inspection of the generated migration
archive, see for
example https://github.com/sagemath/trac_to_gh/blob/main/Issue%2010036.md

The migration script accesses the Trac server via XMLRPC and does not need
privileged access. The first conversion of our 35000 tickets takes about 8
hours. The migration script keeps a disk cache for the Trac data, so later
conversions are fast, enabling quick iterations when fine-tuning the
conversion script.