On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:08 AM, Burcin Erocal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hello,
>

>  On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 09:32:36 -0700 (PDT)
>  Harald Schilly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>  > I had the idea of publishing an online Journal with articles about
>  > Sage - a mixture between blogs and a real journal. This could be an
>  > excellent vehicle to promote Sage and the ideas behind to a bigger
>  > audience.
>  >
>  > This could be about:
>  > * how to use Sage, explaining functionalities, ...
>  > * new features, new packages
>  > * changes
>  > * article for new users, introduction
>  > * algorithms, explain some details
>  > * developer's corner: something for those who actually program Sage or
>  > with Sage
>  > * teaching: how to teach with Sage
>  > * politics/philosophy/community/...
>  > * events
>  >
>  > I've written down my ideas on that page:
>  > http://wiki.sagemath.org/SageJournal
>
>  Is it possible to call it Sage Monthly or Quarterly, so that it is not
>  confused with JSage?

Yes, the name should either change as you suggest, or
this should somehow merge with JSage, and JSage itself
would become less academic.  (Note that JSage hasn't really
started yet, in any real sense.)    Maybe something like Harald
is proposing is a better direction to go in that the current
JSage direction (which is to be purely very academic and
research-oriented).

William