Hi Aram,
   Can you explain a bit more why you aren't just integrating it into Sage
now? Are you're expecting to have major API changes? There would likely be
a push to change to using more Cython, but it doesn't need to be feature
complete to be a part of Sage and internal/implementation details are easy
to change.

Best,
Travis