On Tuesday, October 17, 2023 at 12:50:27 AM UTC+9 tobia...@gmx.de wrote:

I've now set some of the github checks as "required", so they get a small
tag in the checks list. That should take care of (2).

I am not sure if that helps or makes things worse, as that is one more
thing to look and think.

Having some checks with "Required" and some without makes things look more
complicated. What should we think of a check not passed and not "Required".
Should we ignore it? We should aim at "requiring" all checks passed (or
skipped).

Personally I am using the chrome extension mentioned above. That solves
problems (1) and (3), and (2) is less a problem for me. The problems (1),
(2), (3) seem basically problems that GitHub should solve by redesigning
the checks list. I hope that they adopt the design of the chrome extension.