Hi,

Another "disputed" PR is piled on the
heap: https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/36999

Behind a disputed PR, there is a lot of time and energy wasted from the
author, the reviewers, and the audience. The disputed PRs discourage
everyone in the community.

I am aware that one policy about the disputed PRs is in action: the release
manager took the editor role and has made decisions on some disputed PRs.

But I feel that disputed PRs are to be piled up, and the editor policy is
not efficient enough. We need some permanent and fast policy. So I suggest
the following

1. A PR is a "disputed PR" if there are both approving and disapproving
reviewers.
2. It is the author's right to add "disputed" label to his/her disputed PR
(to prevent another dispute on adding the label).
2. The release manager is the lifelong editor for disputed PRs.
3. We adopt the "automatic poll" policy:
    (a) A disputed PR gets "Approve" or "Request changes" decisions from
reviewers.
    (b) If the number of "Approve" decisions is more than or equal to the
twice of the number of "Request changes" decisions, then "positive review"
label is added to the PR.
    (c) There is no voting period. It is up to the author whether to close
the PR or to keep waiting.

If David has no time, then I will post a voting on sage-devel after hearing
some comments.