On Wed, Feb 28, 2024 at 4:46 PM William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 28, 2024 at 8:39 AM Eric Gourgoulhon <egourgoul...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> -1 from my side, for I think an issue can be a blocker.
>> For instance:
>> https://github.com/sagemath/sage/issues/36914
>> This issue, which regards the use of the notebook, could not have been
>> detected by the CI framework.  It is a serious regression and definitely a
>> blocker IMHO: are we willing to release a version of SageMath that cannot
>> be used without an internet connection?
>>

> Related to this, do you think
>
> https://github.com/sagemath/sage/issues/34233
>
> should also be a blocker?  In Sage if you create a plot with a large
> y-axis range, the labels on the y axis are
> mathematically incorrect, which is confusing to our largest group of users
> (beginners).

Sure, it can be a blocker, very well (or not to overload this word, it
could be "grave" or something).

<rant>
To plot it, correctly, with sympy, you need to install 3 PyPI packages into
your Python3:
matplotlib, jupyterlab, sympy.

On the other hand, check all the 400 neatly arranged Sage's spkgs, CI
passing with flying colours..
.</rant>

> -- William
>

>> Eric.
>>
>> Le mercredi 28 février 2024 à 07:45:03 UTC+1, Kwankyu Lee a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Here I withdraw the early premature "giving up" on my recent proposal,
>>> since afterwards there were some positive comments. Hence I open a voting
>>> for
>>>
>>> Proposal:
>>>
>>> 1. Do not use "blocker" label for Issues, as "blocker" means to delay
>>> the release.
>>> 2. Instead use "critical" label for a very serious and urgent Issue.
>>> 3. A PR fixing the "critical" Issue will likely get the "blocker" label.