> Looking at the GeoGebra license at
> http://www.geogebra.org/download/license.txt
> it says:
>
> 1) GeoGebra Installer, Language and Documentation Files License:
>   Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0
>
> 2) GeoGebra Application and Source Code License:
>   GNU General Public License
>
> So it looks to me that some things are licensed under one license, and
> some under another, I don't see anything legally wrong with them doing
> that.

Geogebra code is licensed GPL according to their page.  But they
also claim that Geogebra is free "for noncommercial use only".
These two statements are mutually incompatible as I mentioned
before.

> Whether or not the dual licensing of GeoGebra makes it a practical
> proposition to use the source code in Sage, and do a re-write of the
> installers and documentation is another matter.
>
> If (and I can't be bothered to check) autoconf and automake are used
[...]

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, though I wish you could
"be bothered to check", since then your comments would
be even more valuable.

 -- William