On 29/08/2008, at 7:56 AM, mabshoff wrote:

> David Philip has been playing with building PyCuDA against Sage's
> Python on OSX.

No!!!  I'd love to do it but I haven't got time for CUDA.  I've been
using boost.python, for the sake of /other/ C++ code of mine.  I
originally tried to sort of bodgy them together, but didn't have much
luck.

But I think you will pretty much need the framework build as per the
trac ticket Michael linked.  You then build boost python against
that---but to build boost python against a non-system python on a mac,
you need to patch boost build.  See
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/48322

I hope you can use CUDA with all that... thus we continue towards
SageOS... The alternative I suppose is to redirect the rest of sage to
use system python, which is conceivably necessary for CUDA.

==================================
David J Philp
Postdoctoral Fellow
National Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health
Building 62, cnr Mills Rd & Eggleston Rd
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200 Australia

T: +61 2 6125 8260
F: +61 2 6125 0740