On Nov 29, 6:18 pm, Minh Nguyen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi folks,

Hi,

> I know that the subject of this post is strange/trivial (is it?) --- of
> course one can always determine who is/are the reviewers by looking
> through the relevant ticket. But I just want to know in some detail the
> criteria that are used to determine whether someone is considered a
> reviewer of a ticket. Also, I just want a record of these criteria to be
> lying around somewhere on the web. If one exists already and you have a
> link to it, please let me know.

There is no documentation about this. Generally any person
contributing to the resolution of a ticket gets credit. as an author.
Reviewer patches give a person reviewer credit, so sime times this is
a judgement call and depends on the situation, i.e. if the reviewer
call itself needs to be reviewed. I generally record this when I merge
tickets in my notes.

> If, say, Jane reviews ticket x and then gives x a positive review, then
> Jane qualifies as a reviewer of ticket x. The same thing goes for other
> folks who review and then give positive reviews to patches attached to
> x. OK, that's all fine and good. On to a more difficult example.
>
> Now, let say Jane reviews patch p_1 of ticket x, and then gives p_1 a
> thumb-up, then Jane is a reviewer of x. Before x is closed by the
> release manager, another patch p_2 is attached to x such that p_2 makes
> p_1 obsolete. Alice now reviews p_2 and gives this new patch a positive
> review, hence qualifying Alice as a reviewer of x. Note that p_1 is now
> obsolete and that p_2 (not p_1) should be merged into the current
> development branch. When it comes to making the reviewer list, which one
> of following should we do?
>
> (1) list only Alice in the reviewer list
>
> (2) list both Jane and Alice in the reviewer list

This case is not about reviewing issues, but credit issues since both
authors posted patches. As mentioned above I am recording all the
needed info while merging tickets.

> If this sounds a bit abstract, have a look at ticket #4534, which is a
> concrete example similar to what I've described above:
>
> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/4534
>

> Regards,
> Minh Van Nguyen

Cheers,